You might be curious what (IA Summit things) we (Mike, Jessie, and I) have been up to the last two weeks. Here are some highlights:
- Readjusted to our lives as well as possible (as did everyone returning from the Summit);
- Thought and wrote and sketched a lot about each of our visions for #ias15 and beyond;
- Kicked off what promises to be an amazing amount of shared documentation and coordination through Google Docs, Basecamp, and email;
- Met twice (via Google Hangout): once for general brain dump and next steps and once for sharing our visions;
- Had an awesome IAS14 retrospective (via Skype voice) with the IAS14 chairs—Aaron, Abby, and Johanna (who you should really thank)—and our main POCs at ASIS&T—Dick and Vanessa (who you should also thank);
- Collaborated with Giles Colborne to launch the attendee survey;
- Each had lots of individual conversations and emails with a variety of IA Summit people;
- Heard from over 90 people who want to help with the 2015 IA Summit (and there’s lots of room for your help, too);
- Talked about how the three of us are going to balance our duties (spoiler: I have to practice when to get involved and when to just mind my own damn business); and, well,
- Got super excited and thankful about the year ahead!*
If you’re also super excited about the 2015 IA Summit in Minneapolis, we invite you to help us out by:
There will be lots more opportunities to follow our progress and to help out. Please do follow along!
* Reference to the 2014 IA Summit theme not intended, but then appreciated.