At UXCamp tomorrow, I will be telling stories from the user research trip I participated in during June 2010. The stories revolve around five themes and each has its own conclusion:
- New culture — Remember your audience
- No scheduling — Learn from everything you can
- No recruiting — Know your participant criteria
- No lab — Nta kibazo
- No script — Focus on qualitative data
These are ways for me to remember what stories I am telling tomorrow, and hopefully, if I have the pleasure of telling you my stories, the points above will be enough to remind you of whatever it is you came here to be remember.
And if you’d like to learn more about Rwanda or… “Africa time,” here are some resources:
- Kinyarwandan phrasebook
- Binta and the Great Idea — a fabulous short film (30 min) that is filmed in Senegal and that references Africa time
- The book to read about the Rwandan genocide: We Wish to Inform You That Tomorrow We Will be Killed With Our Families by Philip Gourevitch
Again, mura koze!